The bad news is that we've decided to withdraw support for the Pi 3 with MoPi.
(The good news is that there's a new MoPi almost ready! More below...)
It turns out that there are just too many occasions when the higher current requirements of the Pi 3 trigger undervoltage conditions, and/or flip the built in autoresetting fuse :-(
So: don't buy MoPi to run a Pi 3!
If you've bought one for this purpose, our apologies. You have two options:
- Send it back to us with your bank details and purchase invoice and we'll make you a full refund.
- Use MoPi's high current configuration by slaving an additional PSU (e.g. a UBEC).
Here's an example circuit which we used to drive a power-hungry Qi display:
Ok, moving swiftly on: the new MoPi is nearing readiness, and it will
- run at up to 2.5A, enough even for the Pi 3 and peripherals
- incorporate the UPS circuitry on-board
- lots of other upgrades and goodies!
So, apologies for the gotcha with the Pi 3, and please watch this space for the new MoPi.
comments powered by Disqus